Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the ideal way to get audio from a Mac Mini music server?
(08-Sep-2015, 02:45)hifitodd Wrote: Thanks for the reply!  

Is going ethernet from something like a Mac Mini into the ethernet input on the Devialet a recommended approach?  

-Todd @ AudioFlea

Whilst I must admit that AIR is not my personal, preferred, input route to my Devialet, I have used it on occasion, via Ethernet from a PC (not Mac I am afraid), without any problems using iTunes. I know that some people on this forum have used AIR with both Mac, and/or PC with a lot of problems and others, such as me, have no problems at all, so it would appear that there is no "logical" reason why some are OK and others are not Huh. There are many posters here, with far greater technical knowledge than me, who have come forward with a range of possible scenarios but no solutions - not even Devialet themselves have achieved that it would appear Confused. The only way is to try it in your own system and see
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the ideal way to get audio from a Mac Mini music server? - by brit - 08-Sep-2015, 09:37