Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the ideal way to get audio from a Mac Mini music server?
(11-Sep-2015, 01:07)flohmann Wrote: AIR over Ethernet (CAT7) works just fine from my iMac to the Devialet. And, heresy of all heresies, I use iTunes (and Apple Remote on iPad to control it).

I use Windows and find JRiver offers slightly better sound quality than iTunes.  It might seem odd, but I do still use iTunes a lot, the interface is good, it's robust, the remote app is excellent, and its free!  Plus, more recently any updates have been problem free.  (not the case a couple of years back) I have been messing around with playlists / track ratings etc. with iTunes for a few years, so I have a lot of time investment in it.  If I am listening to a particular album, I will tend to use JRiver, but a lot of the time I do find I use iTunes because I prefer the interface. The deficit with SQ a is small too if you select the WASAPI mode in Qucktime.

So if your running a Mac I don't think use of iTunes is heresy, unfashionable maybe in some audiophile circles, underrated I would say.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the ideal way to get audio from a Mac Mini music server? - by Confused - 11-Sep-2015, 08:16