Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed! (Magico S3 or TAD Evolution One?)
(26-Sep-2015, 19:28)nfnc Wrote: Big, I would say. About 22' x 15' but fully carpeted with almost floor to ceiling SMT treatment.

Hearing the Q3 in the same room was a revelation.  Along the same lines as the S1 but better in every parameter. Clean, almost disturbingly so, but not to the point of being clinical. I can understand why many say that the S-series has a more accessible sound though.

That's the thing that makes me consider the TADs instead of the S3s; I find the TADs slightly more accessible as you put it when compared to Magico. Both speaker brands are superb products but they have been developed using different philosophies in some ways. I find the Magicos to be a product of extreme technical  engineering and they are almost microscopical in the way they deliver sound. The TADs are also a very well engineered product but Andrew Jones has gone to extreme lengths using master tapes of original recording from different studios as a reference in the development of his speakers. I find that to be a very elegant way of striving after a sonic ideal. The ideal is to come as close as possible to the original idea of the recording when presented through a TAD speaker, not just using technical measurements.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help needed! (Magico S3 or TAD Evolution One?) - by MightyMart - 27-Sep-2015, 16:41