Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
HiFi news show 24th 25th October
(30-Oct-2016, 12:07)Confused Wrote: ....
I did think there was something not quite right with the bass though, and I did have a huge desire to start messing around with speaker placement!  (which I resisted)  Maybe sitting a couple of rows back in the chairs or something would have helped, in fairness, it cannot be easy setting up in a hotel room for a two day show.  ...

One of the more interesting things Chris Connaker (I think) wrote was a slightly more in depth discussion about the complexities of setting up for good sound at shows.

Not only do they have to take into account the room acoustics (and probably battling other sound), they have to setup in different conditions - they'll have a near empty room during setup, but one that will probably be full of people on the day. Apparently this makes a huge difference to the sound and takes real skill to guesstimate right. Often dull or overly bright setups might just be the result of too few or too many people compared to what was anticipated. Or maybe too many big people with heavily absorbent clothing. Sitting vs standing.

I've got no idea how true that is as I've never done anything like it - I'm merely sharing someone else's thoughts - but it seems plausible.

So, more importantly, did you get a deposit down on the Muons? They had them in Harrods for a while a time back. Just sort of sat there by themselves not really doing anything, other than display the hefty price tag. I somehow just imagined they weren't serious hifi and were aimed at people with enormous amounts of spare cash who want a bit of bling in the disco room for when the pole gets set up and the hook**s, oops sorry I mean genuine female friends, come round to 'party'.

This is where we find out Confused is actually a Russian Oligarch, complete with his own 'play room' Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
HiFi news show 24th 25th October - by IanG-UK - 03-Oct-2015, 23:51
RE: HiFi news show 24th 25th October - by brit - 13-Oct-2015, 18:50
RE: HiFi news show 24th 25th October - by Hifi_swlon - 30-Oct-2016, 22:40
RE: HiFi news show 24th 25th October - by Finn - 30-Oct-2016, 22:45