Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ELAC Discovery streamer and Disqovery Q music server.
Found this new streamer from ELAC that looks intresting with ROON built in and a lifetime ROON membership is included in the price, support for Tidal and Deezer. It is not out on the market yet. DAC built in but only RCA digital output for us that wants to use a extern DAC. If this has a good Android app and sounds equal or better than my Aries I will try to get my dealer who is selling ELAC to lend my one to try when it is out on the market.

[Image: elac_americas_discovery_2-640x300.png]

Quote:Almost unbelievably, the Debut F5 floorstander wasn’t the biggest deal to be found in the ELAC room in Denver. That honour goes to the Discovery, a dedicated Roon Server and Endpoint (playback device) that’s been in development for two years; just add iPad or Android tablet for remote control.
The Discovery is an unassuming box whose Quad Core ARM processor runs a Linux OS. To ensure robust performance, Roon runs on a dedicated EMC module and the 8Gb of RAM is solely for storing Roon’s metadata layer. Music storage is BYO and externally connected via USB on the back of the unit.
Also out back are 1) a digital coaxial output and 2) a trio of analogue outputs that each present as individual Roon Endpoints. That means D/A conversion can be both external or internal. I asked about the Discovery’s DAC but whilst the demo units are still in prototype phase ELAC are holding the chip identity as ‘TBC’.

[Image: elac_america_discovery_1-580x387.png]

Quote:Get this though: ELAC are running a modified version of Roon on the Discovery with which they have integrated three more streaming services: Deezer, Rhapsody and TuneIn. It’ll be interesting to see if Roon’s metadata tentacles penetrate as deep with these services as they do with Tidal.
The Discovery’s Stateside RRP has been pegged at US$995 but pushing the value-for-money quotient still further is the inclusion of a lifetime’s subscription to Roon (worth US$449). This is a no-muss-no-fuss Roon solution for those who just wanna plug-n-play.
ELAC say there’ll be even more to demo on the Discovery come CES in January – DAR will be there to catch it.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/1...-americas/
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
ELAC Discovery streamer and Disqovery Q music server. - by octaviars - 13-Oct-2015, 12:03
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by rwjr44 - 13-Oct-2015, 12:51
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by octaviars - 13-Oct-2015, 12:56
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by Womaz - 13-Oct-2015, 12:53
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by Antoine - 13-Oct-2015, 13:22
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by Hifi_swlon - 13-Oct-2015, 23:11
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by Petter - 11-Jan-2016, 18:20
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by Hifi_swlon - 11-Jan-2016, 18:41
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by Petter - 11-Jan-2016, 18:50
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by Confused - 11-Jan-2016, 22:20
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by Hifi_swlon - 12-Jan-2016, 00:43
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by octaviars - 15-Jan-2016, 16:54
RE: ELAC Discovery streamer. - by Confused - 05-Feb-2016, 22:10