Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED Spark, stereo pair Phantom -dropouts. What Wireless Wifi Router to purchase?
Recently I received a 3rd Phantom, this time with BT. So far my two Phantoms with Dialog did not have many problems with playing Qobuz streamed CD and hires quality music and also local ALAC and FLAC files in formats up to 24bit/96k. 192k had from time to time drop-outs. I was using an old time capsule configured as router and now use an older Linksys E3000 router. The Phantoms are connected wirelessly to Dialog. No problems, and the router and Dialog are in an other (next) room than the Phantoms. However, and this seems to be important, both Phantoms and the Dialog are connected to the power that is on the same phase / wires that are protected with one fuse. As soon as I connected the 3rd Phantom in the same living room but another electricity branch (protected with another fuse) I got the same problems as are described by many here. Interrupts, unresponsiveness of Spark, one Phantom disconnected after some minutes of listening etc. After connecting the 3rd Phantom to the same power branch like the other Phantoms and Dialog all works as it should. Hours of music listening without interrupt, joy! From this experience I conclude that the PLC (integrated in Phantoms and Dialog) is the important component that makes the wireless setup of Phantoms work. The powerline needs to be on the same copper cables. The wifi is of secondary importance, needs to be there for controlling the system with Spark and streaming content from portable devices or PCs to Dialog. But I guess that the PLC is crucial for a good communication/sync of the Phantoms to Dialog and viceversa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UNSOLVED Spark, stereo pair Phantom -dropouts. What Wireless Wifi Router to purchase? - by streamy - 06-Nov-2015, 16:37