Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
I recently bought a couple of Phantom Silvers. For me it went something like this:

First tested them from a table in the middle of the living room, working smoothly no issues. Wifi to speakers and Dialog + TOS from dialog to Mac mini. After a couple of hours playing without issue, I moved them.

Now positioned correctly in the sofa area. Plenty of issues. Lag, drop-outs, hangs, losing one or the other Phantom. Ton of stability issues.

Clearly this was due to wifi, as it´s the only thing thats changed with the positioning. So for the next step, I now moved my entire WIFI router from the other room (it was 2meters away from Phantoms/Dialog, but there was a wall) - new setup was WIFI ROUTER now in the same room. Dialog got a CAT6 cable directly connected to AirPort Extreme. Phantoms still wireless. I forgot to add the TOS from Dialog to Mac Mini, and to my surprise it still worked flawlessly.

A couple of weeks in, no issues at all. Rock solid. Phantoms play wirelessly from Dialog which is cabled to the router, no TOS only wifi. Smooth and stable.

tl;dr - moved wifi router to same room, cabled dialog, everything smooth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12 - by hydr - 05-Nov-2015, 09:49