Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
(11-Nov-2015, 13:15)Johnnydev Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 12:17)eibet Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 12:07)Krisp Wrote: A friend of mine had problems in his home environment. Playback was without errors when he moved the Dialog closer to the Phantoms (from approx. 15m with several walls to approx. 3-7m with one wall in between).
He eliminated his other problems when he only used his PC with Spark as source. With his iPad there are still problems when he streams music directly from the iPads music library (big music files > 10-15 min do not start right away). When he uses Spark just to control the Spark on the PC, everything is fine.
These problems are home made and IMHO Devialet cannot be blamed for that.
At my place, I only had some stuttering with 24/96 or 192 files, but since I connected my iMac via Ethernet to my WLAN router, where Dialog is also connected to, everything works flowlessly.

Cheers,

Krisp
At the end of the day, Phantom's are not wireless speakers. They need to be connected on the same power strip and wired with ethernet cables. As soon as everybody accept this fact then they will be much happier with their Phantoms. I had a lot of problems. After I connected them through an ethernet switch I have no problems at all and now I can go back to just enjoying how good they actually sound. They are too big and heavy to move around anyways so it really doesn't matter to me that they need to be wired. Good luck with your own setup.

Hi ebet,
How can you say that??

My two silver phantoms running from the beginning without ethernet cables and not with the dialog in the same powerstrip and it function perfectly and with an awesome sound The best i ever had.

My dialog is connected from a netgear Nighthawk router with an audioquest cat 700 cable. Everything is in the same room and not on the same powerstrip. I don't use any powerfilter etc. ( i have tried that but it sounds better without, just like as by naim amps etc.)

In the last months i have done several times a complete factory reset (modem, router, then dialog and after that the phantoms) and after that the most things functions again perfect.
I had also phase shift from the phantoms by using the audioquest diamond Toslink ( sounds also great with that from my tv) but with the last software updates no problem at all anymore.

So when good connected, the phantoms are really wireless without any problems and with the best sound!
Sorry if I upset you, but I can say that due to my own experiences and from reading a lot on this forum.
If it works wireless for you than I think you are one of the few lucky ones, or maybe you have few other products interferring or a better router than me. Who knows. The majority are having problems.
Like you said, you have made numerous factory resets and now it suddenly works.
Devialet has not made any changes to the unstable connection so if it suddenly works you're most likely just lucky.
If you use ethernet cables between phantoms and dialog you are even more likely to get a stable connection without any problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12 - by eibet - 11-Nov-2015, 13:43