Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
What do I expect from Devialet regarding network?

I expect that their own networks between their components work properly. And I expect a description which attributes and configuration my network has to have to get a flawless audio experience. More would be unrealistic. I am responsible for my network and I should know it best.

Most companies act like Devialet: "I am the only one in your network" or "I am the most important one". So Devialet describes it only for its usage. Unfortunately the description is more confusing than helpful. Devialet does not know your network. Who is doing what in it. Which components and bandwidth has it.

Your problems are getting worse in future. You load your network with more and more features and tasks. Everybody is telling you that everything can be done.

Today you are in charge to design your network appropriate. In the beginning it was like a country road with little traffic. Now it is more like a city with traffic lights, cross roads, heavy traffic, vehicles very different in size and speed and you must control and manage the traffic. It is your city.

Don't get me wrong. Of course you can complain and wait for a solution from Devialet for all of the current network issues. But then you start with wireless video streaming and probably you will have trouble again. What do you like to do in this case?

I expect from network device manufacturers to provide me with a self analyzing and self configuring network. Until then I am more or less on my own. I am at home having fever. So don't take me too seriously ;-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12 - by karebe - 11-Nov-2015, 15:17