Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
I think it's irrefutable that Devialet has failed on the connectivity issue. The many posts in this and other threads in this forum are empirical evidence of it. Devialet should supply instructions that, if followed, will lead to a stable setup 100% of the time. If other network components may interfere, they should warn the user and provide instructions for preventing such interference, even to the extent of completely isolating the Dialog and Phantoms from other network components.

That said, I have found a configuration for my Dialog and two Phantoms that so far has been rock solid. I have my cable modem and wireless router in one room and my Dialog and two Phantoms in an adjacent room. The Dialog is connected to my wireless router via powerline adapters. The following is a schematic, where all the components between a set of brackets are in the same room:

[CABLE MODEM <--ethernet--> WIRELESS ROUTER <--ethernet --> POWERLINE ADAPTER] <--house circuitry--> [POWERLINE ADAPTER <--ethernet--> DIALOG <--optical--AIRPORT EXPRESS]

And I have the power cables of my Dialog and two Phantoms all plugged into the same extension cord. The Phantoms connect to the Dialog wirelessly.

Anyone still having problems may wish to try this setup. 

Also, before the latest firmware and software update, whenever I would stream to the Airport Express I would have to also open Spark and adjust the volume up. After the latest update, happily, I no longer have to open Spark to adjust the volume up every time I stream to the Airport Express. If I remember correctly, I think I increased the volume the first time I streamed to the Airport Express after the upgrade. So, the volume must remain there, at least as long as the source doesn't change. If the source changes, I think the volume is suppose to reset to a safe 35.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12 - by msg - 11-Nov-2015, 18:27