Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
(11-Nov-2015, 10:59)karebe Wrote: When yosetup your Phantoms have you been asked for your WiFi and its password? If not why do you think you need an additional router? What for? Dialog and Phantoms user their own dedicated wireless lan for communication and streaming. if they are too far away from each other than they can loose connection.

At first I would bring Dialog closer to the Phantoms. Just with an Ethernet cable to check if it is getting better or not. And in addition look at streamy's advice regarding PLC.

I don't know why - and certainly agree it shouldn't be the case that the speakers die because my iPhone or laptop is taking some bandwidth - but Devialet told me I should do it?

And I have to say so far it seems to have totally fixed the interruptions - and as soon as I plugged dialogue back into main router I got the interruptions again 

One example - it went silent as an alert came into my laptop from outlook, twice in a few minutes 

So for me it is terrible that this would cause the phantoms to cut out (I have 40-60mb download speed over wifi) - but at least I am getting closer to solving 

I know have to buy an Apple airport to see if stops the new issue created where the 2nd wifi network is causing devices to drop off the main network all the time!

It shouldn't be this hard right???? Smile

(By the way my speakers are only 6ft and 10ft from the dialogue in the same room, I can't get it any closer)

Thanks for the advice anyway Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12 - by Jamington2004 - 11-Nov-2015, 19:29