Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
(11-Nov-2015, 20:56)karebe Wrote: Is your second router only for a second WiFi network? I guess the DHCP server on this one is deactivated. Otherwise all your network devices can take the first or the second router as DHCP server and this causes problems. Or give both DHCP servers different address ranges in the same subnet. The first DHCP server which responds to a device's request for an address has won. Without address a device belongs to no network. Nevertheless the behavior of your first router is strange.

And if your Phantoms and Dialog are close together then your problem is somewhere in the streaming path from the source to your Dialog. This is what you have described. It is not a Phantom or Dialog issue.

Your problem confirms my theory how the network with Dialog and Phantoms work and where to look for a solution.

Not really sure - its my old virgin media superhub because they sent me a new one. I know its not active on their system and i cant access the settings because i can only have one my account so it points to the new only

But when i plug it in to my new router i see the old wifi network name (B) as well as the new one (A). 

And as the dialogue is connected to B via ethernet, and all other devices are connected to A via wifi then they no longer piss eachother off?

So i am happy while this works - but at the same time the extra wifi network B now causes issues and devices on A keep dropping off

And i cant disable wireless on B because i cant get to the settings anymore. 

Hence the next step is an Airport (i think)

I never realised when i got them I would need a degree in wirelessness....ness!

Still they are sounding pretty awesome right now so all is forgiven.......until the next time! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12 - by Jamington2004 - 11-Nov-2015, 21:41