Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
Fair point. But the thing that put me off the scent is that I had no issues for the first month or so (a few reboots here and there) then the issues suddenly got worse - before and after the latest update

So human nature will then blame the Phantoms / Dialogue (they worked once with my set up so something must have gone wrong with a change to the software). After all I have a super fast cable broadband and just a few phones connected to a really strong router.

And during loads of discussions (mostly me adding loads of scenarios and tests and waiting for them to reply).....only once right at the very end did they suggest to try the phantoms on a a dedicated network (didn't mention Apple airport until after I still issues with an additional wireless disabled virgin router)

Otherwise they went straight to telling me to wire the speakers in with Ethernet cables (which is not at all feasible for me to do (and a big one of the many reasons I bought them)

Why oh why don't they just build the required router functionality into the Dialogue in the first place?

For me this is still Devialets problem to sort out if they can't get the speakers to work without an Apple Airport express on a set up like mine

But - I am past caring Smile If my problems are fixed then I back to loving the speakers more than anything else I have ever owned........ Even if slightly frustrated by the experience of it all Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12 - by Jamington2004 - 13-Nov-2015, 22:52