Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are using vinyl as main source?
(19-Aug-2014, 19:07)G51 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2014, 17:45)Mikeeo Wrote:
(10-Aug-2014, 15:35)Krorghar Wrote: I didn't bought the Devialet specially for playing vinyls, I just went to the shop and got the amp that sounded better to my ears, the phono stage was a bonus. My RP10 is conected now directly to its phono stage, and it sound delicious. I also got a Rega Aria preamp, for testing, but as you can read in the thread above, the unit is deffective. When I got a working replacement I will do extensive test, to see if the rega preamp can beat the built-in one, will keep you updated guys.

The amp is fantastic but if it couldn't handle vinyl as good as it does i would have stepped away, thankfully it ticked all my boxes Smile

/Mike

Hello, Mike. Devialet 200 is listed as the next upgrade target.

My usual source is vinyl playing mostly classical music of golden era of RCAs and Decca. So may I ask whether you or other Devialet users still find vinyl playback thru Devialet is superior than other digital source even it converts everything to digital?

BTW it is hard to find a review of its performance on vinyl playback.

Cheers!

Gib

Hi Gib,

John Atkinson reviewed the D-Premier phono stage for Stereophile. I won't spoil it for you by quoting what he said. Just do a quick search on Google and you will find it. My understanding is that the phono stage in the 200 is the same as that in the D-Premier

I love the phono stage - it allows the real colour of my LP12 to shine through.

Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are using vinyl as main source? - by PhilP - 19-Aug-2014, 19:48