Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are using vinyl as main source?
(19-Aug-2014, 19:07)G51 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2014, 17:45)Mikeeo Wrote:
(10-Aug-2014, 15:35)Krorghar Wrote: I didn't bought the Devialet specially for playing vinyls, I just went to the shop and got the amp that sounded better to my ears, the phono stage was a bonus. My RP10 is conected now directly to its phono stage, and it sound delicious. I also got a Rega Aria preamp, for testing, but as you can read in the thread above, the unit is deffective. When I got a working replacement I will do extensive test, to see if the rega preamp can beat the built-in one, will keep you updated guys.

The amp is fantastic but if it couldn't handle vinyl as good as it does i would have stepped away, thankfully it ticked all my boxes Smile

/Mike

Hello, Mike. Devialet 200 is listed as the next upgrade target.

My usual source is vinyl playing mostly classical music of golden era of RCAs and Decca. So may I ask whether you or other Devialet users still find vinyl playback thru Devialet is superior than other digital source even it converts everything to digital?

BTW it is hard to find a review of its performance on vinyl playback.

Cheers!

Gib

Hi Gib and welcome to the forum!

For me many recordings on vinyl are better than the digital dito, specially for the 50s, 60s and 70s and some select well recorded albums with well pressed vinyl from 80's to now. But pressings from record companies from 2000 and forwards that put effort on recording and pressing sounds fantastic. Bass is usually better on vinyl, also room information and to my ears better rendering of instrument tone. Many of my 2000 and on recordings beat the digital dito, which of course is fun to demonstrate for friend once in a while. Having said that there is a lot of bad recordings but that shouldn't be blamed on the format as such. When it comes to classics I mainly use the digital format.
Of course, all is up to your vinyl replay system but the Devialet will present everything your system can dig out and in a superb way.
My main reason was vinyl for the choice of Devialet. Now, the fine thing in this is of course that everything else sounds amazing too and the Dev served everything else I ever wanted from a system and more so when I went from 200 to 400.

All the best with the 200, that one is the price/performance pearl from Devialet (like they didn't know Wink).

Just take in the music and enjoy/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are using vinyl as main source? - by Mikeeo - 19-Aug-2014, 20:15