Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are using vinyl as main source?
Having had decades of recording experience, both music and data, and worked on record player performance at Garrard in the 1970s I am sure of 2 things.
1. Digital done correctly is audibly transparent.
2. Record players add quite a lot of colour to music but most of the addition is euphonic.

My record player sounds lovely but that is only "better" in a "I like its colour" sense, since in every objective way it is inferior to pretty well any domestic source other than cassette...

The Devialet phono input makes total sense. If one has a coloured phono stage that one prefers the character of, fine, but it is astonishingly unlikely that any other phono stage is as clean and transparent.

No analogue system I have used is as good for accurate data retrieval as the digital ones, despite being spectacularly more expensive. Music is sound data Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are using vinyl as main source? - by f1eng - 20-Aug-2014, 13:41