Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are using vinyl as main source?
(14-Oct-2014, 16:31)chrish Wrote:
(09-Oct-2014, 18:39)Mikeeo Wrote:
(07-Oct-2014, 19:33)chrish Wrote: Soon as my cartridge turns up and I put it all together, vinyl is going to be my main source Smile

Avid Acutus SP,
SME V
Benz LP-S
Devialet 250
Focal Diablo Utopias

Chrish,

Looking forward to what impedance settings you will go for as I have the LPS too. The recommended setting from Benz says high impedance but that didn't work at all for me. I had good response at 100-460 ohms settings. Currently I have it at 460 ohms.

Enjoy!

/Mike

Thanks for the info Mike, most appreciated. If you don't mind me asking, what settings are you using for the rest of the stuff?

- Max level - 400uV?
- Loading pF - 0?
- RIAA curve - 1976?
- Sampling rate - 96KHz?

Going to order the LP-S this week from over in England, same place I bought the SME V. Much cheaper than ordering from over here in the US. Hopefully I won't need a bigger counterweight because the LP-S looks like it's a heavy beast.

Hi,

The LPS is heavy!
Max level 385 uV (no issues of bottoming out)
Load 0
Riaa 1976 (I prefer the 1953 but my current Jelco arm will resonate due to the unfiltered set up of the 1953 ie 1953 goes under 20 Hz).
Sampling 192 kHz (for me its better without added background noise but people on this forum have diverse experience).

looking forward to hear from you when LPS is installed.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are using vinyl as main source? - by Mikeeo - 15-Oct-2014, 00:13