Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are using vinyl as main source?
(15-Oct-2014, 12:39)f1eng Wrote:
(15-Oct-2014, 00:13)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

The LPS is heavy!
Max level 385 uV (no issues of bottoming out)
Load 0
Riaa 1976 (I prefer the 1953 but my current Jelco arm will resonate due to the unfiltered set up of the 1953 ie 1953 goes under 20 Hz).
Sampling 192 kHz (for me its better without added background noise but people on this forum have diverse experience).

looking forward to hear from you when LPS is installed.

/Mike

Hi Mike, I am intrigued to know what you prefer about the 1953 curve?
AFAIK they are identical apart from the rumble cutoff and with a digital RIAA correction there is not even a risk of the extra phase shift due to the low filter.
No record player is capable of reproducing non-spurious output below ~ 2x Fn of the arm/cartridge so it is not as if you can be missing any genuine musical information below 20Hz.
cheers,
Frank

Frank,

To my ears and wife we both think that the 1953 sound a wee bit more open and specially in the lower freq. Go figure!? Did with other persons listening to our system with the same results. Only exception to this is my hifi dealer who prefers the 1976 Smile

What ever reason this is how we experience this ie 'correctness', colorations etc.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are using vinyl as main source? - by Mikeeo - 16-Oct-2014, 12:38