Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sensibly-priced mains cable upgrades (<£200/€300)?
(11-Dec-2015, 18:03)Rodney Gold Wrote: Just buy the best 5 kva/48v pure sine wave  inverter you can and a bank of 4 deep cycle 200 a/h batts.. get a sparky to  wire it in to a seperate DB board..
You can easily hook up a few solar panels to keep it charged

4 x 200 ah batts , assuming you consuming 500w with your system , will allow you about 7-8 hrs if you have a power failure
The circuits I have wired to always get power via the inverter.
A bit overkill.. but what the hell .I live in Afrika Smile Power issues..

My system cost me over $1500 .. but I went for premium stuff Varta batteries and a victron quattro inverter

Thanks for that info Rodney. they're a lot more expensive here though; A$3,343.- for a 5kVA/48V inverter/charger. But I can see them making a much bigger difference to sound quality then cables costing that much.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sensibly-priced mains cable upgrades (<£200/€300)? - by Pim - 11-Dec-2015, 19:36