Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
From Devialet Tech Support: How Phantom, Dialog & Wifi Router communicate
I had really spotty Phantom performance with my WiFi setup -- constant dropouts,  factory reset every few weeks, angry emails to Devialet customer support, replaced 2 routers, etc. 

On Devialet's recommendation, I tried a dedicated Airport Express. Didn't help. (the fact that Apple no longer makes them indicates this is not a great long-term solution) 

I bought a netgear extender, and that worked for a day or so then simply created another problem on top of a problematic network. 

And then I got an Eero wireless system and plugged the dialog into the main hub. Since I installed it, the performance has been flawless. WiFi has also been flawless. So perhaps the Phantom's system problems had simply been my stupid cable router(s) the whole time.

So if you're having connectivity trouble and you've exhausted the possibilities, give the Eero system a try (I'm not a rep, I haven't been paid, I'm simply grateful to have working WiFi.).

Viva wireless!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Devialet Tech Support: How Phantom, Dialog & Wifi Router communicate - by Eggman - 20-Jan-2018, 07:17