Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New system with Devialet ?!?!
i would start with a single 200 first , buy another normal 200 if you need it.
I can tell you that some speakers might sound better without SAM or with very small amounts of SAM.. my speakers are not sammed and in all likelyhood will never be, they do not need it at all.. they are full range speakers capable of stupendous bass without SAM.. I use offboard digital signal processing to "correct" them..DIRAC.

You have a big room , your choice of speakers is very open to you..I cant tell you what to buy , that depends on your taste , the music you play , how loud you want to go , room treatments , how your room reacts to bass and so on.
You ALWAYS start with the room and speaker first , then get the amp to suit.

Just about any CD player with digital out will work , you *might* get some very small improvements using a better transport.. will be very small if any.
The 200 will allow you to use just about anything as a source , a computer , turntable , cd player , whatever...

Apart from speakers , the 200 is a very good value building block for a top notch system .. you would have to pay a lot more to get good components if you went separates.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room

Messages In This Thread
New system with Devialet ?!?! - by stylech - 05-Jan-2016, 17:40
RE: New system with Devialet ?!?! - by Rodney Gold - 05-Jan-2016, 17:59
RE: New system with Devialet ?!?! - by Cylob - 25-May-2016, 09:38
RE: New system with Devialet ?!?! - by GTX - 28-May-2016, 14:56