Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal quality of Mono Sub output
Hi Vivialet, hmmm interesting. If something's wrong I'd sure like to know about it since I also use a mono sub output of the Devialet to feed my subwooofer (although it passes through an Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core first). I do however use and set up my sub only on the Devialet, so never on a different device so I might not have noticed an issue or compensated for it e.g. by setting a higher volume on the sub.

The things I can think of below, I'm sure you've checked all or most of these settings but you'll never know, maybe it helps.

- Did you check if the "subsonic filter" setting under 'General settings' in Devialets configurator is disabled?

Sub out settings on the Devialet:
- filtering set to 'full range'?
- 'tone', 'balance' disabled?
- Volume control set variable?
- Relative level set to?

On the B&W sub:
- did you use the unbalanced mono input?
- are the sensitivity and gain settings for the mono and stereo inputs set identical?

Did you report the issue to Devialet too?

Good luck, and if you don't mind I'd like to know how this "ends"/gets solved. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signal quality of Mono Sub output - by Antoine - 25-Aug-2014, 19:18