Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal quality of Mono Sub output
Bought the 2nd subwoofer cable this afternoon and took new measurements.

Main conclusion: when using stereo pre-outs the subwoofer level is +6dB. So it probably is mainly a level thing...

I lowered my sub volume level exactly as much to overlap the 'old volume' and measured. What you can see in the graph is (click it to enlarge the image):

green: original situation, subwoofer is connected to the AM2.0 using a single mono interlink
blue: the sub is connected to the AM2.0 using two mono interlinks (stereo), the D250 is configured to have a stereo pre-out and the AM2.0 is connected in stereo to the AM2.0
purple: same as blue but volume on the sub turned down to match the original volume.

I did look at other things as well in the measurement. Phase is equal but I did notice differences in the 'distortion' graphs. These are actually lower when the sub is connected in stereo. However these graphs seem to be very much influenced by the environment noise during the measurements. So how 'accurate' these really are...........

Before/mono:

After/stereo:

Oh and before you ask, I haven't had time to listen yet. Hope I will later this evening/this coming weekend. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signal quality of Mono Sub output - by Antoine - 29-Aug-2014, 18:01