Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal quality of Mono Sub output
(31-Aug-2014, 21:09)Vivialet Wrote: That's intersting. So maybe the B&W DB1 is doing a better job in creating the mono signal. I will also do some measurements in the next days.

Maybe I misunderstand what you mean but like thumb5 wrote, also in my opinion it's purely the 6dB higher power output that you hear when you use a stereo pre-out. The signals are/seem to be, apart of the "loudness" fully identical. In other words, whether I use a mono or a stereo pre-out the signals are identical, the stereo output signal is merely 6dB's louder. edit: did you see my last post on the previous page?

(31-Aug-2014, 21:10)thumb5 Wrote: So the tentative conclusion is that the only difference in sound quality is due to the 6 dB higher power output when the sub is fed with a stereo signal? From a purely engineering point of view that sounds like the "right" (hoped for) answer.

I agree with this/this is indeed my conclusion.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signal quality of Mono Sub output - by Antoine - 31-Aug-2014, 21:29