Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
Hi Guys,

One more frog jumping over the channel... (God save the Queen)
I'm probably the chap you've been mentionning above (D800 and D1 Server owner).

Going straight forward, I've been coming to the same conclusions. D1 server goes far beyond to what I had heard before.
My previous solution was an akurate DS upgraded two time in Germany ( G Volk), which I already considered at that time superior to air.

The solution is sensitive to the AE/EBU cable. By using a Transparent Ref you've been most probably on the right side.
Thanks to ThierryNK, we've tried an Acrolink 7N D5000 which brings excellent results too. Anyhow to play side by side with TRef I guess that the 7N D6300 would be more suitable.

Adding the Dualdac (from Totaldac) between the D1 server and the Devialet will help you again to step into a new dimension, as you said (By the way, how many dimensions are available overthere ?). I know that it might sound insane to pile up DACs..., anyhow make yourself a favor and try it, if you can afford a bit more than a second companion...
Anyhow our conclusion in this case is that it might make sense only for those already owner of a D800, otherwise we should rather go straight to a conventional solution: D1 server-Dual Dac -> conventional high-end amps

Last but not least experience sharing today, according personal tests the linking cable between the master and companion amps (D800 / 400) do have an impact on sound.

NB: I will be out of the web for some days

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by aerki - 31-Aug-2014, 00:41
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49