Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(31-Aug-2014, 15:40)Georgethesixth Wrote: Thanks Guys ! Can I state that the difference between a 1500 euro PC+software and a 1500 euro appliance is a bit a question of taste ? The difference between a 1500 euro and a 4500 euro solution is clear.
Quality cables are a must.

Georgethesixth,

That should be the case, but, having demoed a runned in NDX just as digital transport, which retails for around that amount, in my system, I still much rather preferred the sonic signature (more natural and relaxed) that my humble transport provided.
So I can't agree it's such a clear cut, specially when talking about digital audio.

Now, given that the very valuable feedback from Guillaume and Rufus aligns with the experience of the colleagues in France, and given the tech background of the founder of totaldac, the reviews, and given that I sympathise and generally trust more smaller companies (maybe because I work for a multinational Tongue), I am very keen to try this server.
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by MusicLover - 31-Aug-2014, 16:29