Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(31-Aug-2014, 16:49)PhilP Wrote:
(31-Aug-2014, 15:43)Rufus McDufus Wrote: PhilP - I almost get the impression Audivarna is a bit like an over-saturated picture on TV, it's just slightly too much. Interesting though I didn't really get this impression on Guillaume's system yesterday where I found it a little more subtle. I have just remember for some reason I've had the 3 settings in General Settings ticked (Exclusive access mode, use max I/O buffer size, integer mode) and I don't think Guillaume does. We both had roblems with these initially then for some reason with me it just decided to start working with them ticked - no idea why. I guess it's probably integer mode that would affect sound quality more than the others?
Rufus,

You would certainly have expected A+ to sound better with those parameters selected so it does seem strange that Guillaumes system sounded better when they weren't Undecided

It's certainly not clear to me what differences the various settings in A+ make when running in conjunction with AIR. In fact I'm suspicious that they may not all be working when using AIR even when they're selected.

When changing parameters in A+ I found that I actually had to restart both it and AIR in order for the changes to take effect - in fact I found I easier just to restart my iMac to make sure this happened.

Rufus and PhilP,

Here are some images of my settings, as you can see some parameters have been selected:

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by GuillaumeB - 31-Aug-2014, 17:18