Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(31-Aug-2014, 13:57)MusicLover Wrote: Hi guys,

I was wondering exactly the same as Antoine, as my computer is software optimized with Phil's solution too and, to be honest, it does sound gorgeous. Of course, that's very relative.

I may request to loan the server for 10 days and see how it goes!

BTW Guillaume, what is your experience with totaldac's USB cable?
Great idea to set up this forum, I must say I find it very enjoyable. Thank you!

Cheers,

Carlos

Cheers Carlos! Glad you are finding it fun in here! Big Grin

Re the totaldac USB cable I am not using this to connect my Mac or other transport to the d1 server... Rather I have a 25cm USB cable/filter making a link between the embedded micro computer and the reclocker USB input. The "box" contains a filter which according to Vincent Brient "removes unwanted frequencies and makes a better sound." I believe totaldac also sell a 2m USB cable containing the same box.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by GuillaumeB - 31-Aug-2014, 17:55