Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
Hi

I do not know if on board decoding was previously present, I have the imppression that it was never on board (I only personally used a D1 during 3 weeks).

I have "indirect" confirmation by a friend who talked to Devialet people that said him that Flac/AIF/Wave etc file formats was not a question on Devialet but a question for software on the computer.

We have to be cautious with the word "PCM". It is both used for files and for flux.
A UPNP server can transcode (convert) Flac PCM "files" into Wave PCM "files" before streaming them, but a UPNP server never send an audio PCM flux with clock signals.

UPNP is based on standard tcp/ip protocol for file transfers that is generally based on a web server on the UPNP server side. This is "standard" home network or internet protocol, no audio involved at all here, all audio is done after the arrival of the (buffered) file inside the UPNP audio gear.

Cheers
Thierry
S1:  Totaldac d1-server, Trinnov ST2-H, Ayon S5, Orpheus Lab 3M, Klinger Favre D56
S2: Trinnov Amethyst,  Ayon Odin III, TAD Evolution One

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by ThierryNK - 31-Aug-2014, 18:39