Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(31-Aug-2014, 16:49)ThierryNK Wrote: The possibility of dramatically improve Devialet with a d1-server comes (in my opinion) from this design approach weakness.

d1-server really solves these issues with:
- Linux Real Time as Operating System inside a Cubox
- dedicated power supply to Cubox
- shielding the Cubox
- building any audio flux inside a FPGA with a proprietary Clock (and proprietary algorithms), the Cubox clock being not used at all
- recklocking in the FPGA before any audio flux manipulation and creation.

These principles are also used in Totaldac DACs, solving nearly all the usual issues of SPDIF, AES and USB.

I totally agree...

I just ordered a Cubox. I will try to see the overall effect of the first three items in the list compared to the full blown personal computer (a macbook pro in my case)

In theory, Devialet should be reclocking everything from the USB input (since async XMOS input stage is used) and if one manages to input "clean" usb without standard computer garbage, the result should be very good...

Computer Audiophiles who are really at it attack the USB output issue with custom USB output boards, with clean power supplies...

Lets see how this little unit will behave with proper linear supply and good shielding...

Fun little experiment...

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 19:34
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49