Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
Hi Thierry,

I enjoy your posts and find them very thought provoking.

(31-Aug-2014, 20:58)ThierryNK Wrote: - if you get different results when changing the player (iTunes/Jriver/Audivarna/Pure Music/ Amarra) then the data in the Devialet buffer are not the same depending of the player (electrical interferences are supposed to be the same, as cables, hardware, etc. are the same).

Perhaps these software players are changing the signal before it is fed into AIR which as Antoine says is acting as a virtual sound card.

As I've said elsewhere, it's not clear to me what a player like Audirvana+ is really doing when it is functioning with AIR. I would have expected that the AIR developers would have taken every opportunity to optimise performance in a similar fashion to Audirvana. So I'm not sure what Audirvana really adds?

(31-Aug-2014, 21:55)thumb5 Wrote: Confused - yes, I agree, a bit off topic. I suppose the main point of my post was to say that whatever the sound quality of AIR depends on, I doubt that the quality of any clock(s) in the computer has any bearing on it.

particularly when using AIR WiFi...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by PhilP - 31-Aug-2014, 22:05