Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(01-Sep-2014, 19:02)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Personally as of now I'd rather listen to the Moon MiND. The development of the MiND firmware-wise has been a little slow though and I suspect the Aries has more potential on that front. The Aries is more impressive to me - bigger soundstage, depth, but just a bit flat dynamically (to me anyhow). We'll try it with a good USB cable in the next few days - could be very different...

Thank you.
TBH lack of software/firmware updates is what's keeping me from buying a MiND like streamer (like a Sonos or SBT or MiND). I'll 'make due' with my modded Mac Mini and hopefully in the very near future Audirvana 2. A Sonos isn't up to spec, sound quality wise. A SBT is 'old tech', though extremely good in it's price range and far beyond. I was hoping the MiND would be a complete package (excellent SQ and software). Somehow the Aries is less appealing, though I have yet to hear one.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by Eddye - 01-Sep-2014, 19:28