Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(02-Sep-2014, 22:41)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(02-Sep-2014, 22:31)Antoine Wrote: I'm done reading and continue on the road I was already on; further tweaking and tuning of my own home brewn music server, just for the fun of it! Smile

Too right Antoine! Some great links there too, thanks!

We will get there one day... Smile

Guillaume

(02-Sep-2014, 22:41)PhilP Wrote:
(02-Sep-2014, 22:31)Antoine Wrote: The more I read about possible reasons for differences between bit perfect audio playback the more confused I get. No one really seems to know the anwer (or is not willing to give it) Confused I'm giving up for now/I'm done reading and continue on the road I was already on; further tweaking and tuning of my own home brewn music server, just for the fun of it! Smile

I think I've just about reached the same conclusion re. the futility of trying to understand... though I may try to wade through the impressive list of articles that you've compiled Smile

Re. The home brew music server - why don't you collaborate with Kunter on a Cubox-based solution ?

Haha, I didn't mean reading this forum BTW, I really only meant the 'researching on the wider Internet' part. Smile

Thank you for the suggestion Phil but I currently have my "hands full" on the Windows part. I didn't believe how much is really possible there until I saw it and this also takes a lot of time to "research" and read into. If and when you believe everything can make a difference then just the multitude of parameters/settings you find, for example, in a network interface card driver can and will easily keep you occupied for at least one to two hours. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by Antoine - 02-Sep-2014, 22:53