Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(03-Sep-2014, 00:16)ThierryNK Wrote: It is a kind of "missing link" between a track and a DAC in digital audio.
It takes the place of the opto-mechanical-digital CD drive.

Cheers
Thierry

Aha!
I still find myself gravitating to playing CDs, maybe I would stream more often if I got a D1 server since I have found the Meridian Sooloos Control 15 (seems PC like), NVA TFS (is a single function stripped out Windows machine) and streaming from my dedicated iMac with Air to not be persuasively worth the hassle of tagging my rips to my satisfaction from a SQ POV.
I rather hoped that dedicating an iMac was the answer, since whilst it is considered a pricy computer it is pitifully cheap for a hifi component Wink and the huge screen let me see the artwork from afar.
Anyway, so far I prefer CDs. I almost ordered a D1 server following the enthusiasm on this thread, but good sense got the better of me since I have an audition at home rule! I pretty well only use streaming for my handful of high res files, though my legacy rips, made when I was travelling weekly and had an iPod, are still accessible and I listen to them. I haven't ripped any of my new CDs for months.

(03-Sep-2014, 09:10)GuillaumeB Wrote: However... it is also a reclocker meaning you can connect any digital input: S/PDIF, AES/EBU, USB and optical. So for example a CD transport.
Guillaume

Presumably the reclocking function is redundant when using USB or Ethernet inputs on the Devialet where it is the Devialet clock is the master.
(I do see how it is a potential gain if the D1 is connected to the Devialet using SPDIF, AES/EBU or optically)
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by f1eng - 03-Sep-2014, 10:11