Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
Quote:The PSU with the MiND, even though it looks like a wall-wart SMPS, is apparently a linear power supply and is maybe not as bad as people might think.

According to the distributor for Simaudio in the UK - Renaissance Audio (and I am quoting this from an email): "The PSU that comes with the unit is not pretty but works very well as it has good voltage regulation." It actually looks like one of those cheap wall warts.

Hi.

I possess the MOON Mind for several months.
Actually, the supply of Mind is not so bad as it, but i changed it all the same for a linear model, what allows to use a cable quality sector.

The difference is just enormous.

Quote:My biggest gripe with the MiND however is the control point software which has been stuck in some kind of time warp and had very few updates.

Yes, it's the main problem of the MOON, but no problem with the IPAD official application.
STREACOM Full SSD & PSU 100% linear, Switch (Alim 50VA), MOON Mind (Alim 160VA) >aes/ebu> FORSELL Air Ref >xlr> SUGDEN LA4 >xlr> SUGDEN SPA4 > WILSON BENESCH Vertex
[HP, XLR, AES/EBU, Secteur : MPC Absolute or Présence Evo]

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by sithodea - 03-Sep-2014, 13:46