Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(05-Sep-2014, 07:56)Confused Wrote: Very diplomatically phrased Guillaume! I must admit that I totally get the point of this thread. I associate turning on a PC with the first thing I do when arriving in the office for a difficult day at work. I don't really want to turn on a PC to listen to some music. Having said that, I do use a PC / AIR Ethernet. The sound quality is superb, I like messing about with playlists, and love the ease with which I can manage a large collection of music with a PC. Then you add in excellent iPad apps and similar, it just gets better. So, if someone can come up with super optimised PC nirvana, this will be of great interest to many for sure. Some terrific links and info above, I look forward to discovering the ultimate solution (if anyone can agree it exists!) on the new thread.

Also, when Guillaume & Rufus discover the ultimate sound quality PC alternative for just Euro 500, the joy will be unlimited. (we can all only hope)

New thread created! Called: CuBox - Project X.

Now back to our comparison of Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server! Smile... Have some news to report very soon!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by GuillaumeB - 05-Sep-2014, 09:20