Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(03-Sep-2014, 10:02)IanG-UK Wrote: Hi Guillaume

I should admit that I am an anti-multi-box buyer so, for example, I would never buy Naim knowing that I would be told it would be better with six power supplies and I would never buy the DCS stuff where you need to buy four boxes to get their best product!

So, sorry to be a pain in the a***, but if one has a source, be it a laptop (with screen and cd ripper and data) or a CD player/transport (with discs), both of which will plug straight into the Devialet, what does the D1 do (aside from any sound quality considerations) that the straight connections cannot achieve? Because here you surely need four units - source, cd ripper, tablet and D1?

Hi Iain this looks interesting: it's a music server that's also a ripper. No idea about the sound quality but it caught my eye after what you were saying about wanting more functionality in one box. This certainly seems to have all the bases covered.

http://www.sotm.sonore.us/SOtM2.html#3

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by GuillaumeB - 05-Sep-2014, 11:31