Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
Hello chaps... Smile

Spent the whole afternoon doing A/B testing with the Entreq distributor who is someone who's opinions I really value. He's worked in the industry for over 30 years.

Anyway he has visited my house many times in the past and he knows my system and setup very well.

He was absolutely flabbergasted by the improvement in sound quality from the totaldac d1 server. Actually that might be an understatement. Even though totaldac only sell direct and don't have a distribution model as such he's talking about getting one for personal use.

He was very impressed with A+/AIR which he heard for the first time in my setup.

Re the Aries he though that it was excellent in the midrange but lacking something at the top and bottom ends. It was almost as though the sound was compressed in a way. Some of the tonal texture was spot on though and very impressive. There were bits he liked a lot.

But his reaction to the totaldac was something else... I've never seen him respond with such enthusiasm and amazement. It's truly the Devialet on steroids! Tongue

He was here 6 hours.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by GuillaumeB - 05-Sep-2014, 22:46