Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(03-Sep-2014, 22:09)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(03-Sep-2014, 21:57)Confused Wrote: I must admit I quite like things like the Krell Connect and Musical Fidelity M1CLiC. Or even the utter simplicity of a Naim Unitiserve. Does this make me a bad person?
(Although I'm pretty sure the Totaldac must be somewhat superior sound quality wise)

Not at all! I admit my solution is kludgy and, as I said, the control point is pretty crap. Like some of us, I suspect, I'm waiting for the audiophile equivalent of the SBT/iPeng ecosystem .... At Squeezebox prices!! The idea behind the Aries and the MOON Mind is exactly what I want - a DAC-less high quality renderer with a superior UI. If I had the brains, I'd develop one myself .... Tongue

BTW - thought the MF had been discontinued?

ATB, Ken

Hello Ken.

I have been using a PS audio solution with plug player as control point for many ears, when I upgraded to Devialet I bought a PC, the foobar and monkey mote is in my view much better, the search function is lighting fast, there is the posebility to read the lyrics on most tracks etc.

Iam wondering if you don't have all those options?

Btw. I have newer experienced a dropout, had the withe noise two times, the system have been running for around three monts.

And needles to say, it sounds fantastic.

Kind regards Morten

Just for info, my PC is a fanless Shuttel, it uses 6watts, hence it is newer switch off :-)
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by Morten - 06-Sep-2014, 07:53