Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(09-Sep-2014, 20:50)Confused Wrote: @PhilP - just noticed that you're in the perfect position to advise regarding AIR vs Naim NDX. An interesting one for sure!

Funnily enough, my NDX was boxed up ready for sale until a couple of days ago when I decided to give it one last chance. The last time I used it was a couple of months ago when my 200 was still running-in and to be honest nothing sounded great Sad

I compared a couple of tracks NDX versus AIR yesterday and the latter definitely sounded clearer and more-detailed whilst the NDX was softer but had more body. I will report back in a couple of days when I've a proper chance to compare the two.

BTW, when I first tried the 200 I used the NDX/XPS2 as the main source and it sounded very nice - smooth, relaxed and detailed with no digital harshness. Without the XPS2 the sound was significantly degraded with a harsh edge.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by PhilP - 09-Sep-2014, 22:41