Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(09-Sep-2014, 19:58)PhilP Wrote: If clocking is the main reason for the difference in sound between AIR and Totaldac AES/EBU and both mechanisms provide bit-perfect data to the DAC then the implication is that Devialet's buffering and re-clocking of AIR-transported data is sub-optimal. If so, I'm very surprised that Devialet would have made that compromise given that AIR is one of their flagship technologies. And it sounds pretty good to me anyway Smile

Hello
Thanks for all your comments.
On one side Air is supposed to be "the most bit perfect" way to transfer data to the DAC and on the other side Totaldac is producing the best sound. I never tested Totaldac server (I think that once you buy Totaldac server you should start thinking of buying the Totaldac dac too and start a system from scratch rather than adding it on Devialet but this a completely personal point of view irrelevant here) but I believe that Totaldac server sounds better because so many people agree on it.
On my side I prefer A+/Itunes/USB than Air or A+/Itunes/Air. And again this is not the “most bit perfect” way either. But this is the way I prefer.
Computer, hard disk, cables, software seems to have an influence even on “bit perfect data”. And eventually it is up to the taste of each of us to decide what is the best sound. I definitely want to read and learn more about this subject.
Thanks
philoouu

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by philoouu - 10-Sep-2014, 03:20