Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(10-Sep-2014, 13:56)Confused Wrote: Ian - Perhaps someone should take these queries to the Guilford Audio event in October. (I doubt they will get a sensible answer though)

There's nothing wrong with AIR, well apart from the odd dropouts and the white noise problem. OK the white noise thing is pretty bad but from what I can see it's not happening to that many people.

So I don't see why they should develop a new source product or endorse anyone else's for that matter.

They'd be better off working on a mini 120 - a 60 even! Price it around £2-3k (or less even) and blow a hole in the competition's sales. Perhaps it could even include HDMI inputs so that it could be used as a home entertainment hub, connecting TV, Sky box etc.

Linn produce such a product: the Majik DSM which is their biggest selling product. It combines streamer, pre and power amps and has inputs from all my boxes (blu-ray player, Sky, Apple TV). I have one in my living room, it's rather good actually though not a patch on Devialet SQ. Now imagine that with ADH and SAM! And a decent remote for the living room. Wink

I think this kind of product would give Devialet a much wider market, let's face it the hi-fi world is pretty small.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by GuillaumeB - 10-Sep-2014, 14:18