Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
(16-Sep-2014, 17:46)Morten Wrote: Indeed, I did a rechearche, for me a ultimate requirement was it has to be fanless, the only intel are somewhat underpowered, hence a paired a little more for a shuttele. I uses this http://global.shuttle.com/news/productsD...uctId=1765

It is brilliant, and only uses 6watts when it is running, hence it is always onRolleyes

Kind regards Morten

This looks like an interesting solution. How does it operate in practice? i.e. I presume you can set up with JRiver or similar, connect a hard drive with all your tunes and operate via an iPad app? Is it then connected to the Dev via Ethernet and the iPad runs via wi fi, on a mini network as it were? But what if you need to set up the PC, update software or manage playlists or whatever? Does this entail connecting a screen? Or is the idea that it sits on a home network with the "main" PC? I'm not sure what the optimum set up could be? Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by Confused - 16-Sep-2014, 19:38