Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server
Hello

I can see that my iPad did some strange things to the spelling in last post, sorry.

I have the PC in my living room, hence the requirement for a fan less model, I have also installed a SD disk so it is 100% silent. The reason for placing it here is that I would like to have the possibility to use USB if I for some reason could not get AIR to work properly. I use my TV set as a screen, and something’s I acutely use the PC to watch US Netflix :-).

The PC is set up with Foobar, I haven’t tried JRiver but I plan to do it, just to compare if it is better for sound quality than foobar, but to be honest, foobar just sound brilliant and are extremely stabile. I the three months I have been running it I haven’t had one crash! To control foobar I use a APP on my iPad called Monkeymote, compared to my previous setup—a UPnP setup with plugplayer as control point the PC setup is superior both in stability and user-friendliness, the search function is sophisticated.

Coming from a UPnP setup I already had a NAS with all my music (i used MinimServer on the NAS when running the UPnP) I just point foobar to the NAS and it works flawless. If I didn’t have a NAS I would have used a USB harddrive.

The PC, NAS and Devialet are all connected to my normal network with cables, I have experienced the with noise issue 2 times, I suppose if I more often restarted the PC it would never happen, but given it only uses 6watts I only shut it down when I go on vacation.

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark

Messages In This Thread
CuBox - by Kunter - 31-Aug-2014, 13:49
RE: Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server - by Morten - 17-Sep-2014, 17:57