Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonus Faber Olympica 2 or Olympica 3
I can only echo what has already been said. You really need to hear the speakers yourself. To be honest for me this has to be at home as your room will have a bigger impact on your speaker choice than anything else.
I have the Olmpica 2 on home demo right now, I cant help you with the comparison, but maybe give a couple of pointers.
I feel they are better away from the back wall. I can only get them about 30 inches off my back wall, but prior to that had them about 2 ft and the difference that extra 6 inches made was very very obvious. For me the bass was overpowering my room a touch but moving them off the wall just that extra bit made a huge difference. I also have turned the SAM to 0% and the bass is set to -2dd, but all of this is very likely to be because of my room. At 14ft x 23ft it is a smaller room than yours.
If you have the money to spend on the 3s though, then i think you owe it to yourself to listen to them. Hope this helps a little.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonus Faber Olympica 2 or Olympica 3 - by Womaz - 28-Jan-2016, 13:31