Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonus Faber Olympica 2 or Olympica 3
(27-Jan-2016, 16:08)samurai7595 Wrote:
(27-Jan-2016, 13:08)archer75 Wrote: Unfortunately, I do not have a chance to demo and need to decide today.

A real bad idea...

You really need to listen for yourself and only you can decide. An in-home demo would even be better but at least listen to them at a dealer. Some people may chime in and say that these speakers are great and that for the money you should move all the way up to the Olympica 3 but what if they don't perform well in your environment?

I had the opportunity to compare the Olympica 2 to my ProAc Response D30R and I simply couldn't justify the price difference. As a matter of fact, my ProAc speakers had deeper / better controlled bass while the highs & mids were very, very close. So I decided to stay with my ProAc speakers.

A few years ago (pre Devialet), I got a killer deal for the Brinkmann Bardo direct-drive turntable / EMT TSD15 SFL cart combo and jumped on it based on reviews. It turned out that the cart itself was a real poor match for my phono stage which totally unbalanced my system.

Just my 2 cents worth...

You are right but home demo/dealer demo was not possible. In fact, I demoed them at dealer a year ago but i do not hv a lot left at my find.

Messages In This Thread
Sonus Faber Olympica 2 or Olympica 3 - by archer75 - 28-Jan-2016, 20:12