Poll: Which one
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
£3.4k - One new D200
22.92%
11 22.92%
£4.4k - A Pair of 2nd hand Matte Black D-Premier's
33.33%
16 33.33%
£6.8k - A par of new D200 (a D400 mono set)
27.08%
13 27.08%
£6.4k - One new D250
14.58%
7 14.58%
£11.3k - A pair of new D250's (a D800 mono set)
2.08%
1 2.08%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pair of 2nd hand D-Premiers or One new D200
Sorry if I'm answering back in separate email, but having problems with my internet and kept losing my previous replies, so thought to try some smaller ones.

Regarding my set-up, I’m waiting for a new pair of Lenehan Audio’s ML3 Reference. Unless you live in Australia there will probably be less chance of others knowing these speakers. As  Mike (Lenehan) specifically makes his own speakers then I can’t see much chance of them ever being SAM'd. Yes, there is the new SAM lab gear that travels round the globe, but living here in Perth Western Australia I can’t see much chance of a visit to here happening (certainly not in the near future).

My ML3 Ref speakers are a 2 way design (30mm tweeter, with 8” Mid/Bass driver, crossover 1.8kHz):
  • Dueland RS Caps & 10awg hand wound Inductors
  • Frequency Response: 25hz to 25khz +/- 1.5db (in room).
  • Sensitivity: 88dB @ 2.83V/m .
  • Impedence: 8ohms nominal.
  • Recommended amplifier power: 20-700W .
  • Cabinet dimensions (HxWxD): 1000 x 244 x 450mm .
  • Weight (per speaker): 85kg’s
I’m not so worried about missing out on the SAM, as if I can’t have it I won’t miss what I could never have. Would it be nice to have the choice, yes, but I’m not buying the Devialet’s because of that. One option I am looking forward to is being able to fully integrate a Sub in with my mains (I only have a 2.0 system, even for watching TV & Movies). I have a Paradigm Sub1 so would look at this being able to add in the extra bottom end for a 2.1 system (heard with the Devialet you have the option of hi-pass and low-pass levels as well as 1st, 2nd , 3rd  or 4th order filtering).

With the D-Premier’s I would be missing out on Ethernet & USB. Ethernet isn’t a deal breaker as if the Wi-Fi Air connection works good then can get away with not having Ethernet  (I’ve just had my place updated new Wi-Fi; Ruckus R600, commercial grade Wi-Fi). USB would be handy, as currently us a Mac Mini , with Curious USB cables & Regen into a Klien DAC (another local Australian made component). I would prefer to have the USB, but if need be I can get a usb to spdif converter (possibly a Music Fidelity V- Link 192).

Will upload this psot and add another for some of the replies regarding your recommendations.

Again, really appreciate all the replies, it’s so nice to hear actuals owners opinions, as I only know so much about the Devialet’s, and the offers I have been given are only there for this week (can’t wait to house trial a pair, just have to take a chance and make my best choice).

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Pair of 2nd hand D-Premiers or One new D200 - by Celts88 - 04-Feb-2016, 12:16