Poll: Which one
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
£3.4k - One new D200
22.92%
11 22.92%
£4.4k - A Pair of 2nd hand Matte Black D-Premier's
33.33%
16 33.33%
£6.8k - A par of new D200 (a D400 mono set)
27.08%
13 27.08%
£6.4k - One new D250
14.58%
7 14.58%
£11.3k - A pair of new D250's (a D800 mono set)
2.08%
1 2.08%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pair of 2nd hand D-Premiers or One new D200
Yes, I've got really lucky with a couple of gooooooood offers  Wink 

I can hear what some may say about going for the D400 option - current model and Ethernet / USB inputs. I would certainly not have a problem with this mono set-up, but it’s £2.4k dearer than both D-Premiers. Off course the D400 is actually 2 x D200's both Masters, so could sell one if I really need some quick money. Saying that the D-Premiers are also full Masters, and again if really stuck could sell one also (or sell one and use the money to update to a current D250).

If the D400 (2 x D200's) then easy to sell just one, but as the D-Premiers are the Matt Black version then no problem selling, but if later want to use the single one having been upgraded to a D250, then if buying another one would most likely never get a chance of the Matt Black again.

Actually the Matt black has me intrigued, and I do like the sound of it. Yes, the standard Chrome models would look stunning on my low cabinet, but I feel the Matt Black will have a constrained elegance that I may actually prefer (a Stealth Warrior Tongue ).

Yes it is going to be a lot of money if I wanted to upgrade the D-Premiers, but if I’m already starting £2.4k cheaper, then for an extra £450 would get the 1st one a full upgrade and reapply the 5 year warranty. So for the same price as the D400 set I would essentially get a D250 (upgraded) and a D-Premier (with the option to upgrade down the track). Yes, having to do a dual upgrade would be big money in the future, but I get to save £2.4k now, and put that away for a rainiy day when I can afford the upgrades to D250 (or whatever comes down the track).

Actually that is one thing that has me intrigued, as if in a couple of years there is a new hardware upgrade for all models I could use my saved £2.4k and use that for the new beaut upgrade. With the D400 set I would have to pay for a double upgrade (2 units), whereas with the D-Premier I already have the saved £2.4k for the 1st D-Premier to be upgraded. Been told by dealer that the upgrades are still available, but just need to send the units over to France for the upgrade (shipping included in price for Oz-France-Oz with this and upgrade costing £2850).

I know I can’t get anymore of a discount for the D400 set, but I may try and milk a bit more for the D-Premiers. Even if I don’t get a dollar saving, I’m going to see if I can get some good digital Coax cables thrown in as part of the deal (I don’t have any digital coax cables, only standard IC RCA’s). Also would see if I could get an optical cable to run direct from my Mac Mini (3.5m output) direct into the D-Premiers. I will also need a cable from the D-Premier to my Sub1 (I have some cheaper 5m RCA’s at present for this, but would hope for something a bit better). The dealer may find it easier to throw in some good cables, rather than give me a discount on the £4.4k D-Premiers.

Decisions, decisions.

To make the D-Premiers not seem so dear, I’m hoping to get about £1.25k for my current A21 amp (what I paid for it 3 months ago) and also sell my Sanders Sound Preamp (not even taken out the box yet, but again hoping for £1.25k). I could then also sell my Klein DAC (£250) and sell some XLR & RCA cables (another £250+). This would get me to £3k, which would then mean only a £1.4k upgrade from my current set-up to the D-Premier mono set-up.

Cheers
John

PS, I’ve just snagged a 2nd hand Logitech Transporter for £250, so could use this as a transport (no pun intended) and use the AES digital out from the Logitech into the AES of the D-Premier  Smile
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Pair of 2nd hand D-Premiers or One new D200 - by Celts88 - 05-Feb-2016, 18:48