Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bought a d 200 - a few more questions
I used a Stello U3 for a long time. The U3 has both AES and RCA out. The AES sounded very good, better than RCA. When my D-Premier was upgraded I got USB and have gone direct since then. Both Stello and Devialet uses XMOS. I do not know about the Audiophileo. USB is not without problems. I did not get really good sound from my system until I connected a Regen. Before the Regen I still preferred direct USB, but AES was actually very close and even better in some respects. With your modded mini I guess you'll like direct USB. You should still try it out and select what you like best.

I've never had any problems with volume setting and resolution, but I've never had speakers as efficient as your Duos! Restricting power can be a very clever way around this. I have my 250 set to 180 watts at the moment. Sounds more relaxed and detailed than full power setting. When I think of it, this may actually have something to do with volume setting and resolution. Please post your findings!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just bought a d 200 - a few more questions - by ogs - 25-Feb-2016, 09:50