Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master and companion digital connections
(03-Mar-2016, 21:00)Antoine Wrote: Did not know by the way you were going from D1 to the N1Z! I am honestly surprised and actually curious as to how it would perform through the D1 reclocker, if of course you have tested this and if it is even possible at all.

Well as you know I already tried the previous version of the Mutec between the d1 server and the Devialet. Yes it made a difference but it was pretty subtle and certainly not enough to warrant an additional box and AES cable!

Re the N1Z I believe the SQ is pretty much SOTA, best I have heard in my home setup at least. If I upgraded to that then it would (probably) replace my d1 server and I'm not sure I'd bother with any additional re-clockers, which isn't to say I wouldn't be curious to try one at some point. I'd probably just want to sit back and enjoy the music for a while at least!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Master and companion digital connections - by GuillaumeB - 04-Mar-2016, 12:15